LCANZ Learning Hub Access
Click here to go to the iLearn LCANZ Learning Hub.
To access the LCANZ Learning Hub, you will need an email address and password:
- People who have had previous access to the Congregational Leadership Training will have automatic access to the new LCANZ Learning Hub.
- If you already have an @lca.org.au email address and password, you can use these to automatically access the LCANZ Learning Hub. If you have any difficulty using your LCA email address, contact the LCA IT department for assistance (phone 08 8267 7380; email email@example.com).
- If you don’t have an LCA email address, please follow the iLearn account creation steps using your preferred email address and password. You will need the enrolment key code provided to you by the LCA Church Worker Support Department, and this will be used to access the LCANZ Learning Hub. To request a code, contact Church Worker Support (see details below).
If you have any issues using your personal email or finding the Learning Hub modules, email firstname.lastname@example.org
LCANZ Learning Hub
About the LCANZ Learning Hub
The Church Worker Support Department in partnership with Australian Lutheran College oversees the LCANZ Learning Hub on behalf of the Lutheran Church of Australia and New Zealand (LCANZ). The program addresses two key objectives within the LCA Strategic Direction ‘Our Direction 2018–2024’ approved by General Synod in 2018:
- equip people for mission and ministry in the church, local communities and the wider world
- strengthen governance at all levels, clarify accountabilities and ensure appropriate support.
In approving the LCA Strategic Direction, Synod delegates recognised that without the functions of governance and leadership, our call to 'Grow as God’s people' and 'Go as God’s people' will be harder to fulfil.
Designed with church workers and volunteer church leaders in mind the Learning Hub’s aim is to support and equip people serving the church to do what they are called to do – to grow and go as God’s people.
In a challenging environment and with multiple competing priorities, it’s important that you have access to accurate and helpful support, training and resources as you perform your important supporting roles in God’s mission.
What the LCANZ Learning Hub offers you
The Learning Hub provides information, training, links and resources on a broad range of subjects that are essential and relevant for LCA congregations, parishes and their leadership. The Learning Hub supersedes the old Congregational Leadership Training but is much more comprehensive and wide-ranging in the topics and subject matter that it covers.
There is a base level of information included on each topic, but what makes this Learning Hub so useful are the extensive resources that are provided to assist leaders and church workers and the links that are included for those wanting further information.
There are foundational streams such as Governance, Congregational Councils and Meeting Processes for all your officeholders and leaders. There are also specific modules for chairpersons, treasurers and secretaries. As the Learning Hub modules are delivered online, you can start anytime or anywhere that suits you and/or your leadership teams and go back to modules as often as you want to.
All Learning Hub modules are available to all members of the LCANZ.
Learning Hub Streams
The Learning Hub will continue to grow and expand, but currently, it includes the following major streams:
- Congregational Councils
- Meeting Processes
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Child Safety Standards
- Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention
- Risk Management
- Health and Wellbeing
- Ministry Nuts and Bolts
- Employment and Service Matters
- Pastoral Calls and Vacancies
- Records and Records Management
- Finance and Administration Matters.