Church@Home is a central repository for resources to help us keep faith alive at home, connect with our community, and stay safe, during this time of physical isolation. New resources are being added here all the time. Click here or on the above image to go to the Church@Home landing page, or click on the blue links below to go directly to those resources.
Church Worker Support
It’s tough keeping up to date with everything with so much changing so rapidly right now. We’ve curated a small collection of resources (that we’ll add to as time goes on) that might be helpful as you navigate your way through the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Emotional wellbeing resources
Right now it’s really important to look after your own wellbeing. It’s a stressful time for everyone, and to be in a position to minister and serve others, you need to be in a good place emotionally yourself.
Here are links to two reputable organisations who deal particularly with mental wellbeing that have some great resources and tips:
- Mental Health and COVID-19 – Australian Department of Health Information and resources
- Local state and territory health departments
- Lifeline – 13 11 14 – Crisis mental health support for adults
- Headspace – Mental health support and information for 12–25-year-olds
- Kids Helpline – 1800 55 1800 – Mental health support for kids, teens, young adults, parents and carers, and schools and teachers
New Zealand support
- Ministry of Health Wellbeing at Level 4 – New Zealand Government information and resources
- Lifeline Aotearoa – 0800 543 354 – Crisis mental health support and information and resources
- Kidsline – 0800 543 754 – Phone counselling for kids up to 18 years
- Beyond Blue – have a page about Financial Wellbeing
- National Debt Helpline – They’re not a lender and they don’t ‘sell’ anything or make money from you. Their professional financial counsellors offer a free, independent and confidential service.
The Black Dog Institute has developed a really good resource on the importance of self-care and how to plan to practise self-care in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The resource briefly explains aspects of self-care and provides information and templates to help individuals to create a self-care plan. You can access the resource here.
Physical wellbeing resources
The most reliable sources of information about public health are our Governments’ health departments.
- New Zealand Ministry of Health
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Australian Government Department of Health COVID-19 information – translated resources in multiple languages
- More translated COVID-19 resources provided by Ethnolink
Staying fit and healthy while at home
Please remember this is general advice only.
Consult with your medical practitioner before embarking on a new fitness regime and take underlying health issues into consideration.
- Exercise Right – Exercise Right is a public awareness campaign created by Exercise & Sports Science Australia. Their aim is to inspire all Australians to be healthier and more active.
Spiritual wellbeing resources
The Church@Home page has resources for daily devotions, at-home worship, Bible studies and videos to help you and your household grow in faith during this time of physical isolation. New resources are being added all the time. Visit Church@Home.
Social wellbeing resources
Here are a few links to some interesting entertainment you might like. We will be adding to this so keep coming back from time to time.