Church@Home is a central repository for resources to help us keep faith alive at home, connect with our community, and stay safe, during this time of physical isolation. New resources are being added here all the time. Click here or on the above image to go to the Church@Home landing page, or click on the blue links below to go directly to those resources.
Church Worker Support
It’s tough keeping up to date with everything with so much changing so rapidly right now. We’ve curated a small collection of resources (that we’ll add to as time goes on) that might be helpful as you navigate your way through the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Emotional wellbeing resources
Right now it’s really important to look after your own wellbeing. It’s a stressful time for everyone, and to be in a position to minister and serve others, you need to be in a good place emotionally yourself.
Here are links to two reputable organisations who deal particularly with mental wellbeing that have some great resources and tips:
- Mental Health and COVID-19 - Australian Department of Health Information and resources
- Local state and territory health departments
- Lifeline – 13 11 14 - Crisis mental health support for adults
- Headspace – Mental health support and information for 12-25 year olds
- Kids Helpline – 1800 55 1800 - Mental health support for kids, teens, young adults, parents & carers and schools & teachers
New Zealand support
- Ministry of Health Wellbeing at Level 4 – New Zealand Government information and resources
- Lifeline Aotearoa – 0800 543 354 – Crisis mental health support and information and resources
- Kidsline – 0800 543 754 – Phone counselling for kids up to 18 years
Some tips and strategies to assist in managing the risk of anxiety social isolation when we are physically isolated provided by the Australian Academy of Science.
A short article from a manager at Google’s People Innovation Lab about working together when you’re not together. Includes a link to a booklet with some handy tips.
Physical wellbeing resources
The most reliable sources of information about public health are our Governments’ health departments.
- New Zealand Ministry of Health
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Australian Government Department of Health COVID-19 information – translated resources in multiple languages
- More translated COVID -19 resources provided by Ethnolink
Staying fit and healthy while at home
Please remember this is general advice only.
Consult with your medical practitioner before embarking on a new fitness regime and take underlying health issues into consideration.
Spiritual wellbeing resources
The Church@Home page has resources for daily devotions, at-home worship, Bible studies and videos to help you and your household grow in faith during this time of physical isolation. New resources are being added all the time. Visit Church@Home
Social wellbeing resources
Here are a few links to some interesting entertainment you might like. We will be adding to this so keep coming back from time to time
- Some very useful resources and links to good sites for families with kids at home through NaturePlay SA
- Watch Andrew Lloyd Webber Musicals on You Tube – screening at 7pm British Summer Time and for the following 48 hours.
- UK's National Theatre at home have some really good watching as well.
- Vitural Museum and Art Gallery tours
- Berlin Philharmonic Digital Concert Hall
- ABC free listening
- 14 things you can do while you’re stuck at home
- Indoor activities for kids
- Fun things to do while social distancing