Calls – Employment – Volunteering
Calls data is now being drawn dynamically from LAMP2. If you find errors or omissions in the calls, please contact your District Office.
- Paul Hannola Tuggeranong Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, ACT to Nundah St Pauls Lutheran Church, QLD
- Carl Richter Mildura Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, VIC to Port Lincoln Our Saviours Lutheran Church, SA
- Stephen Schultz South Australia and Northern Territory District Inc, SA to Unley St Johns Lutheran Church, SA
- Howard Beard Wangaratta Lutheran Parish, VIC to Balaklava Lutheran Parish, SA
- Howard Beard Wangaratta Lutheran Parish, VIC to Carlsruhe-Saddleworth Lutheran Parish, SA
- Gregory Fowler Golden Grove Lutheran Church, SA to Redlands (Victoria Point) Faith Lutheran College, QLD
- William Frost Lutheran Aged Care Albury Inc, NSW to Albury St Lukes Lutheran Church, NSW
- Samuel Modra LCA VIc-Tas District - OOB Other, VIC to North Tasmania Lutheran Parish, TAS
- Gregory Page Novar Gardens Immanuel Lutheran Church, SA to Mount Barker St Marks Lutheran Church, SA
- Timothy Stringer Greensborough and Thomastown Calvary Lutheran Church, VIC to Principal Australian Lutheran College, SA
- James Winderlich Principal Australian Lutheran College, SA to Melbourne St Johns Southgate Church, VIC
- Gregory Bensted Elizabeth St Peters Lutheran Church, SA to Gladstone St Martins Lutheran Church, QLD
- Boyd Briese North Geelong Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, VIC to The Evangelical Lutheran Church at Bethania, QLD
- Jonathan Goessling SA-NT District Pastors, SA to Nunawading-Waverley Church, VIC
- Paul Hannola Tuggeranong Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, ACT to Cleve Lutheran Parish Inc., SA
- Lucas Matuschka Rainbow Lutheran Parish, VIC to Eudunda Robertstown Lutheran Parish Incorporated, SA
- Matthew Thomas Mount Gravatt St Mark's Lutheran Church, QLD to Nunawading-Waverley Church, VIC
- Mathew von Stanke Epping LifeWay Lutheran Church, NSW to Port Lincoln Our Saviours Lutheran Church, SA
Samuel D Modra – regularisation of Locum Tenens Call at North Tasmania on 26 November 2023 by Bishop Lester Priebbenow.
Timothy Chen – installed to Grace Lutheran Chinese Church (Zion Glynde SA and St Stephens Adelaide SA) at Glynde Zion SA on 26 November 2023 by Bishop Andrew Brook.
Thomas L Kitson – assigned to Bethania Qld.
Jacob E D Fabich – assigned to Eudunda–Robertstown SA.
Timothy Chen – ordained as a Specific Ministry Pastor to serve the Chinese ministries of St Stephens Adelaide and Zion Glynde SA at Grace Lutheran Chinese Church Glynde SA on 26 November 2023 by Bishop Andrew Brook.
Jacob Fabich – to be ordained as a General Ministry Pastor on 3 December 2023 at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church Mildura Vic at 2.00pm by Bishop Paul Smith.
Malcolm Willcocks – to be ordained as a Specific Ministry Pastor on 10 December 2023 at Alice Springs Lutheran Church Alice Springs NT at 9.30am by Bishop Paul Smith.
Thomas Kitson – to be ordained as a General Ministry Pastor on 17 December 2023 at St Paul’s Lutheran Church Blair Athol SA at 2.00pm by Bishop Paul Smith.
Rev Franz Moeller – re-admitted to the LCA Roll of Pastors as Pastor Emeritus as of 16 November 2023.
NZ: Hamilton; Palmerston North; Wellington
Qld: Alberton; Ashmore Trinity Lutheran College; Buderim Immanuel Lutheran College; Caloundra Pacific Lutheran College; Cleveland; Gladstone; Indooroopilly; Lutheran Services Department (Lutheran Community Care); Northern Downs; Nundah; Plainlands
SA–NT: Aberfoyle Park; Albert Park–Semaphore Parish; Alice Springs Aboriginal Support Worker; Assistant Bishop Northern Territory; Barossa North (lead pastor); Birdwood; Ceduna Parish; Cleve Parish; Cummins Parish; FRM Support Worker Central Australia; Golden Grove; Lyndoch Parish; Mawson Lakes; Mid Murray Parish (associate pastor); Mount Gambier St Martin’s College; Novar Gardens; Para Vista; Port Lincoln; Swan Reach Parish; Unley
Vic–Tas: Footscray; Geelong; Good News College Tarneit; Grovedale; Horsham Holy Trinity College; North-West Melbourne; Nunawading Waverley; Wangaratta
Click here for a print-friendly list of employment opportunities for church bulletins or notices.
The date in brackets indicates the closing date for applications.
Details coming soon
Gawler Lutheran Church and New Life Church, Gawler SA
If you are considering nomination for membership on an LCANZ board, council, commission or committee, or wish to nominate someone for a position, you will need to complete this Nomination Form. Announcements about volunteer positions on LCA bodies are advertised through LCA eNews and, in some cases, The Lutheran. The details of the current vacancies are available below.
Vacancies on the Board for Lutheran Education Australia (BLEA) Board of Directors
The Standing Committee on Nominations, on behalf of the BLEA, is inviting nominations from people with
- a deep commitment to the mission and values of the LCA
- a passionate interest in and commitment to the education and spiritual wellbeing of young people both within and beyond the church
- relevant qualifications, experience and skills, and the time to commit to this governance role.
The Board for Lutheran Education Australia is responsible for setting the strategic direction and overall policy environment for the schools of the LCA, and in so doing, upholds the confessional teachings of the church as these relate to the nature, purpose and program of Lutheran schools and early childhood centres. The board provides strategic leadership and support to schools of the church and promotes Lutheran schools as agencies of Christian education.
With the retirement and resignation of two lay members, casual vacancies for the remainder of the synodical term now exist on the Board of Directors. The BLEA now seeks nominations from individuals who believe they have the necessary skills, experience, qualifications and interest in serving the LCA through the BLEA.
Individuals with knowledge and skills in one or more of the following areas are invited to nominate for these vacancies:
- Human resources management and/or experience
- Legal, policy and regulatory knowledge and/or experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in financial and accounting practice.
If you are interested in serving on the BLEA, or you know someone who may be interested, please contact the A/Chair of the BLEA, Susan Wood, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 0437 065 938 for further information, and/or please complete the nomination form found here and send it to email@example.com by 29 January 2024.
ARISE – Warrambui Volunteer Internship Program for 2024.
Applications are open.
ARISE is a program designed for young adults that focuses on building a faith foundation that is grown by living and serving in a cross-cultural Christian community.
Interns experience practical ministry, undertake ministry and theology study, and learn to serve Jesus and each other while helping us host school, youth, church and community groups at our Lutheran retreat and conference centre.
While volunteering, interns will build their character, further discover their identity in Christ and explore questions of faith in a supportive Christian environment, giving them a solid foundation for whatever lies ahead.
Australian interns will also live and serve alongside interns from Papua New Guinea, growing in understanding of each other’s country, culture and faith.
So, if you are (or know) someone who may be interested and want to know more, please contact Warrambui for an information pack:
A worthy calling
You’re invited to serve Lutheran schools with the gifts you’ve been given by becoming a board member.
Did you know?
- You don’t need to be a parent to serve on a Lutheran school board.
- Your location is not a barrier to serving on a Lutheran school board.
Several boards across Lutheran Education SA/NT/WA and Lutheran Education Vic/NSW/Tas are seeking new board members with experience in education, finance, governance, human resources, information technology, legal, marketing and communications, media, and/or risk and compliance.
This poses a powerful opportunity for members of Lutheran congregations from around to country to not only contribute to the Lutheran education landscape but also to engage in professional learning by seeing learning communities through a governance lens.
And so, we’re putting the call out to those who have an interest in furthering the mission and vision of Lutheran education and contributing to a not-for-profit organisation. A governance background is preferred but not required, as training can be provided. Additionally, location is not a barrier – with the use of technology, engagement across geographical borders is welcomed.
Please contact Jane Mueller, Governance Leadership Director for LESNW and LEVNT at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential chat about how your skillset might enrich a learning community and how your interests might be matched with a specific school board.
And, if this opportunity is not right for you, please think about which members of your worship community you might shoulder-tap.
From time to time, positions become vacant on our church boards, councils commissions and committees during a synodical term. The Standing Committee on Nominations is inviting nominations for a pastor for the Committee for International Mission.
If you believe God is calling you to serve in a governance role as pastor with the Committee for International Mission, we want you to prayerfully consider seeking a nomination with your bishop to fill this position.
Please see the Terms of Reference and nomination form at www.lca.org.au/governance/nominations
OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE THE CHURCH
The LCA’s Judicial System has been established by the bylaws of the church to consider matters which are submitted to it for a determination as laid out in Article 10 of the constitution. These matters primarily concern ecclesiastical discipline, interpretation of LCA documents and disputes within the LCA. The General Church Board appoints a Tribunal Administrator and a Deputy Tribunal Administrator to manage the system.
The LCA is inviting nominations from people who may be interested in serving as the Deputy Tribunal Administrator. We are looking for people with a good understanding of the church, who have knowledge, skills and experience in specific areas such as complaints handling, dispute resolution and the law.
We believe that God has blessed our church with many talented people who have the ability to make an effective contribution to the life and work of the LCA. This may be an opportunity for you to serve or for you to encourage someone you know who has the required skills and knowledge mix to nominate.
If you want to learn more about the role before formally submitting your name for consideration, please contact the Tribunal Administrator, Peter Gerhardy, at email@example.com or phone 0456 425 957.
Friends of Lutheran Archives, North Adelaide SA
Friends of Lutheran Archives (FoLA) meets nine times per year to tell the stories of God at work in our Lutheran Church. We are looking for a small team of people – to work in pairs – who could operate the live streaming equipment on a voluntary and rotation basis.
Meetings are held on Thursday evenings at Immanuel Lutheran Church, North Adelaide, for the months of February to October.
Full training will be provided.
Please contact Helen Schubert on 0447 740 711 or email FOLA@lca.org.au.
LCA International Mission is always seeking volunteers for work with our overseas partner churches. There are all sorts of opportunities for people with all sorts of skills. Take a look at the LCA International Mission website for videos and stories about short-term and long-term volunteering opportunities in Southeast Asia.