Australian Lutheran Hanna Schulz has marked 10 years since she arrived in Papua New Guinea (PNG) to start serving the people there through Bible translation.
‘Praise God for his faithfulness through this time’, Hanna says.
LCA International Mission partners with Wycliffe Australia to support Hanna as she serves in linguistics and translation in PNG.
After assisting various translation projects across PNG from the time of her arrival in the country in 2012, she began working with the Kope people of the Gulf Province in 2015. As well as learning the Kope language, Hanna has been assisting the local community in their translation, literacy and discipleship. In January 2016, the Kope translation team started drafting the Gospel of Luke.
During Hanna’s recent time in Australia, work continued on Bible resources for the Kope people, and Kope audio recordings were made of the Gospel of Luke. This is now in the post-production stage, and it is hoped that both the audio version and printed version will be dedicated later this year.
‘Praise God for this recording being complete’, Hanna says. ‘There is much paperwork I need to complete for the typesetting of Luke in Kope to proceed. Please pray for me to have the focus and to be able to prioritise things well.’
Hanna also asks for prayers for other future or ongoing projects, including multi-language Oral Bible Storying courses and the building of a dormitory for the Oroi’io Madei (Living Word) Training Centre in Ubuo village. Donations can be made here.
There are also many needs for people to serve in God’s work in PNG, Hanna says, from a chief financial officer to teachers, mechanics, managers, youth workers, children’s home managers, Scripture-use workers, translation advisors and others. Email Hanna at email@example.com if you are interested.
- GOOD NEWS Story of the Week is a joint service of LCA Communications and the Districts to bring you joy and encouragement as you serve our Lord in your congregations and communities.
- Got a GOOD NEWS story to share? Please email LCA Communications firstname.lastname@example.org or your District office.
- Read more GOOD NEWS Story of the Week at www.lca.org.au/sow
- Visit www.lca.org.au/spread-the-word to find promotional materials to help you spread the word about our GOOD NEWS Story of the Week.
- Read the full GOOD NEWS Story of the Week and others like it in The Lutheran.