What to do if you have a complaint
- Is a person at immediate risk of harm? If so, call emergency services on 000 in Australia or 111 in New Zealand.
- Do you believe a child may have been abused or neglected? If so, call your local child protection authority.
- Has criminal conduct been alleged? If so, the victim needs to report it directly to the police.
If none of the above is applicable, you could try these steps:
- Follow Matthew 18:15 and try to resolve the matter person-to-person.
- Follow Matthew 18:16 and go to the person with one or two support persons.
- Follow Matthew 18:17 (‘tell it to the church’) and talk to your local leadership about potential solutions.
If none of the above is applicable or possible in your situation, you may lodge a complaint in any of the following ways:
1800 644 628 Australia
0800 356 887 New Zealand
PO Box 519
MARDEN SA 5070