If you would like to still put something on the offering plate, REG cards are available free of charge from the Churchwide office and your District office.
Regular Electronic Giving (REG)
REG is the answer
- REG is a convenient, safe and confidential way of giving a regular offering to your congregation.
- Your REG offering can come from your bank, credit union or LLL account.
- You can set up REG to coincide with your regular income (eg salary, pension, dividends) or budget: weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly or even half-early.
- REG keeps things confidential. Your congregation doesn't receive any information regarding your identity or the amount of your offering.
How REG benefits you
- No need to remember to bring cash to church.
- If you are away from church, your offering is still made.
- You can apply 'first fruits' principles.
How REG benefits your congregation
- It provides a regular income or cash flow, making budgeting easier.
- It can increase giving through the convenience of direct debits.
- It is safer because there is less cash to handle and bank each week.
You can also use REG to support your favourite churchwide or district mission or ministry project.
Promoting REG in your congregation
The LLL administers REG as a service to the Lutheran Church of Australia (LCA).
To use REG, an LLL Direct Debit Request Form must be completed and lodged with the LLL. Also read the Service Agreement before you send the completed form to the LLL. This form gives the LLL authority to deduct the amount you specify from your LLL account or your account with a financial institution, and transfer it to an LLL REG account held by the organisation to which you are giving.
To alter REG please complete another Direct Debit Request Form (indicating it is 'a change to an existing Direct Debit').
If your REG is deducted from your LLL account, with LLL@Home internet access you have the extra flexibility and convenience of altering the amount instantly online at any time.