Reaching a million people every week
We are a large department with our own website. Please visit us to discover how we can serve you and your communities through media ministry.
Lutheran Media produces outreach content for pastors and congregations to use and share in your outreach efforts. We produce videos (YouTube, live-streamed worship and DVDs), podcasts, blog posts and printed resources to help you bring God’s love to life in your community.
Lutheran Media reaches out to millions of people with the good news of Jesus Christ.
With only 8 per cent of Australians attending church on any Sunday, media gives us the opportunity to reach the other 92 per cent.
Many lives have been changed by hearing God’s word over radio, TV, the internet and social media.
We are one of five departments in the Local Mission office. Partnering with us in mission are:
- Child, Youth & Family Ministry (Grow Ministries)
- Cross-Cultural Ministry
- Care Ministries (incorporating the Ageing)
- New & Renewing Churches.
Lutheran Media is not on the budget of the Lutheran Church of Australia (LCA) and needs donations to reach out to people with Jesus’ message of hope.
We thank God for the prayers and generosity of supporters who make all of this possible. You can donate online (tax-deductibility available) or call us on 1800 353 350.
How we serve
Thanks to your donations, prayers and encouragement, we partner with you to reach out to people in your community and beyond with the good news of Jesus Christ and his message of hope.
Through the opportunity of media, millions of people have the opportunity to hear the gospel, and thousands of people respond to this life-changing message.
Lutheran Media has been reaching out to people for more than 75 years and continues to be innovative and engaging in mission.
At lutheranmedia.org.au, you’ll discover links to all of the mission activities including Messages of Hope, Happyland, and Worship Life, along with resources such as greeting cards, DVDs and CDs on Luther, and video and photo competitions.
Subscribe for free with your email address to the monthly outreach eNews to receive the latest offers.
'Messages of Hope' is played on hundreds of radio stations across Australia, New Zealand and the world and reaches millions of people.
You’ll discover short videos, podcasts and free booklets and pdfs on a wide range of topics including stress, crisis, grief, relationships, parenting, mental health (including depression and anxiety), guilt, loneliness, ageing and dementia, anger, addiction, fear and future, pain and suffering, along with Easter and Christmas and the big questions such as science and faith.
Join us on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to share Jesus’ message of hope to even more people.
Here is the New Zealand Message of Hope website: www.messagesofhope.org.nz
Children and families can enjoy Happyland.com.au, which is an online internet and app game. Create your own character and go on an adventure.
You’ll also discover online and printable activities, show bags, and cards. Follow Happyland on Facebook.