In years gone by, missionaries serving overseas would visit our Lutheran congregations in Australia and New Zealand to inspire, raise support and promote the mission of the church.
They would captivate our imaginations as they told stories of what God was doing in exotic and mysterious locations. These days the day-long mission festivals may not be as frequent, however, the good news is Jesus is still being shared among our partner churches in mission. And you and your congregations are still able to be involved and inspired.
Think of our website at www.lcamission.org.au as an ‘on-demand’ mission festival where you can:
- learn about where you, through LCA International Mission, are partnered
- be inspired by stories of individuals, congregations and schools shining the light of Christ in their communities and overseas
- support our partners through prayer (using the monthly prayer calendar suggestions), collect used stamps for the Stamps for Mission program, put together birthing kits for Papua New Guinea, visit Wantok Place mission museum, donate financially or leave a bequest
- consider beginning a congregational partnership or becoming a congregational representative
- find out ways you (or your friends and family) can volunteer in mission both here at home or in places like Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea or Thailand
- learn more about beginning a school service-learning and ministry partnership
- access resources, including an e-version of the Border Crossings magazine, which is full of stories highlighting the power of the gospel to save and transform lives, recipes, sermons, devotions and videos.
Join us in the joy of joining God in his mission.
- Visit www.lca.org.au/spread-the-word to find promotional materials (bulletin inserts, A5 flyers, PowerPoint slides and social media posts) to help you spread the word about our Story of the Week.
- Read the full Story of the Week and other stories like it in The Lutheran. 11 editions/year. Only $45 (Aust), $47 (NZ). Gift subscriptions available. To subscribe: online www.thelutheran.com.au email firstname.lastname@example.org phone 08 8360 7270
READ MORE STORIES ABOUT International Mission