Visual Arts & Drama - Sunday, 4 June 2023 – Holy Trinity, First Sunday after Pentecost, Year A.
Three types of foliage could be used.
OR, white flowers could be used in one of the following arrangements:
– in the shape of a triangle
– in the shape of a circle, symbol of eternity
– with umbrella grass cut to the shape of a triangle
– with three large strelitzia (bird of paradise) leaves
Any of the following symbols of the Trinity could be displayed:
– equilateral triangle
– three interlocking circles
– the triquetra (three equal interwoven arcs)
Note that any of these could be enclosed in a circle, representing perfection and eternity.
Altar Colour: White
Simply download your preferred slides and copy the liturgy and songs into each slide.
Recommended Sources for Images
Dramatising the Readings
The readings can be read by more than one person to make the dramatic meaning of the text clearer.
For instance, the first reading could be read by several readers (see also ideas under ‘Children’ below); and the gospel could be read by two readers: narrator and Jesus.