You can view this video now by clicking on the ‘play’ icon. To download it to play later, click on one of the links below. And of course we’d love it if you shared it on your social media page.
‘The harvest is plentiful, but the labourers are few. So pray to the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest fields’ (Luke 10:2).
The season is changing. Harvest time is coming. The LCA/NZ is planning to plant 200 new Lutheran churches across Australia and New Zealand in the coming 10 years.
Over six weeks, 20 October to 24 November, will you join with your fellow congregations and members in praying that God will raise up workers for his harvest? Will you join us in prayer and fasting in this Season of Prayer?
Fasting? Prayer we understand. But what is this fasting thing?
Throughout the history of God’s people, fasting has been a common spiritual discipline. Fasting is giving up something good in order to pursue something better. Fasting can help us find open space and time for prayer.
What shall we pray for as we fast?
- Pray for God to send out harvest workers: evangelists, church planters and pastors.
- Pray for those who don’t yet know Jesus, especially your friends, workmates and family, that they might come to know Jesus.
- Pray for the victory of Jesus to defeat the devil and banish him. Pray that the church may step into Jesus’ victory in spiritual warfare.
- Pray for wholehearted worship.
- Listen to the voice of God.
- Pray for God to grow his church.
- Pray specifically by name for our church plants, sending congregations and church planters.
Season of Prayer worship resources: www.lca.org.au/wpp
Promotional resources: www.lca.org.au/new-and-renewing/prayer
- Visit www.lca.org.au/spread-the-word to find promotional materials (bulletin inserts, A5 flyers, PowerPoint slides and social media posts) to help you spread the word about our Story of the Week.
- Read the full Story of the Week and other stories like it in The Lutheran. 11 editions/year. Only $44 (Aust), $46 (NZ). Gift subscriptions available. To subscribe: online www.thelutheran.com.au email firstname.lastname@example.org phone 08 8360 7270