The six pastoral ministry graduates from Australian Lutheran College (ALC) come from a wide variety of backgrounds and are stepping out in faith to begin their first assignments. We asked them which privilege of being a pastor they were most looking forward to.
- Download a printable colour or black– ideal to insert in your congregation’s pew bulletin
- View all the 2017 stories in our online book
- Download this week’s video: HD (720p) 58MB Web Resolution (360p) 16MB
- To email the video, copy and paste this link https://youtu.be/2pCTY0ePkBA
- View the Story of the Week videos on your LCA YouTube channel
- Catch up on the stories you’ve missed
- Family: Wife Jenny; Eli, Hannah and Zara
- Assigned to: Walla Walla Parish NSW
- I’m most looking forward to … weekly meditating on God’s word in order to preach and teach it to God’s people! I also look forward to building up and equipping the saints for their mission (Ephesians 4:12) – preparing them to be always ready to make a defence to anyone who asks for a reason for their hope (1 Pet 3:15), and equipping them to teach the Christian faith to their family and friends.
- Family: Wife Jody; Lily and Ciarna.
- Assigned to: Cummins Parish SA
- I’m most looking forward to … preaching the word and sharing the sacraments; coming alongside people and being part of their lives and being a shepherd to my congregations.
- Family: Wife Gertraud; Gabriel and Rebecca
- Assigned to: Magill & Adelaide Deaf Community Church SA
- I’m most looking forward to … being able to bring the good news to people at the most significant times in their lives: God welcomes you into his family, forgives you when you mess up, wants to bless your marriage, family and work life, and (finally) welcomes you home.
- Family: Wife Sylvia; Ilze and Markus
- Assigned to: SA/NT District – locum at Lyndoch & Rowland Flat
- I’m most looking forward to … becoming part of people’s lives.
- Family: Wife Priscilla; Riikka, Caius, Kelsie and Sakari
- Assigned to: Tarrington Parish Vic
- I’m most looking forward to … being a part of some of the most significant moments in people’s lives – baptism, confirmation, marriage and even funerals are all defining moments in our journey with Christ.
- Family: Wife Rebecca; Isaac, Isabella
- Assigned to: Beenleigh Qld
- I’m most looking forward to … getting to do life with God’s people, being there through the best of times and the difficulties, pointing them to Jesus, and having them point me to Jesus!
Please pray for these pastors and their families as they serve in the vocation God has given them.
Read the full Story of the Week in The Lutheran. Full colour, 32 pages. 11 editions/year. Only $44 (Aust), $46 (NZ). Gift subscriptions available. To subscribe: online www.thelutheran.com.au email firstname.lastname@example.org phone 08 8360 7270