The object of the LCA Special Ministry Fund is to provide grants for specific ministry projects within the LCA which are consistent with the church’s strategic direction and which normally could not be undertaken with funds from the LCA or an LCA district. The successful grant applicants for 2016/17 are listed below.
Applicants need to demonstrate how the proposed project is consistent with the overall priorities of the LCA, supports the objectives of the applicant’s ministry and will benefit the ministry and mission of the wider church beyond local congregation or parish boundaries. Grants provided will be for a specific purpose and will not be made for projects which are of an ongoing nature. In addition, grants will not generally be approved if the applicant has previously received funding through the Special Ministry Fund for a similar project.
Proposed projects should be innovative so that the wider church can learn and benefit from the outcomes.
- Australian Lutheran College, Cert IV TAE training (three staff), grant $4500
- ALC Worship unit development, grant $10,000
- LCA WA District, WA pastors attendance at SA/NT Pastors Conference, grant $1000
- Board for Media Ministry, 70th anniversary media outreach event, grant $5000
- Grow Ministries, professional development resource coordinator, grant $2050
- Dr Stephen Pietsch, ALC, attendance at International Luther Research Congress (Wittenberg, Germany), grant $2000
- Lutherans for Life, development of website, grant $4000
READ MORE STORIES ABOUT grants