- Same Sex Relationships in Aged Care and Community Services
- End-of-life issues, a discussion paper on end-of-life issues
- People whose Worldview is other than Christian within Australian Lutheran Aged and Community Care Services – a discussion paper on multi-faiths within Lutheran aged and community care
Don't miss your monthly dose of inspiration and encouragement in this new column in The Lutheran. Catch up on any stories you missed, at the Going GREYt! webpage.
Ministry with the Ageing
In Australia, nearly one in every six people are aged 65 years and older (Australian Bureau of Statistics 2016). Ministry with the Ageing seeks to support you as you minister in our communities to this growing group.
We aim to see the care of the ageing as a significant and flourishing ministry of the church.
We care for the ageing because God is a fundamentally merciful, loving and caring God. We are motivated by God’s goodness and mercy. And we know that every person, no matter how age has wearied them, has dignity and value because we are all created in the image of God.
How we serve
The Committee for Ministry with the Ageing (CMA) – formerly Board for Lutheran Aged Care Australia – is a committee of the LCA Board for Local Mission. It acts as an advisory body whose main aims are to:
- provide advice, act as a point of reference, monitor, and report to the LCA Board for Local Mission on ministry with the ageing issues
- facilitate communication with all Lutheran agencies to generate awareness and active engagement in ministry with the ageing
- represent the views of the LCA, including Lutheran aged-care organisations, to government on ageing related issues, and communicate with government on their behalf.
The Committee for Ministry with the Ageing is producing discussion papers on a range of issues and is ensuring that resources on ministering with the ageing are readily available.
We’ve also teamed up with Lutheran Media to produce a video series on dementia. We provide scholarships which are available to anyone ministering to and with the ageing. We also advocate nationally on ageing issues on behalf of the LCA and represent the LCA on a national aged-care network.
We also provide funds that assist individuals to develop in their ministry with the ageing.
Lutheran Aged Care and Community Services
In 2018 the General Church Council approved a Governance Enhancement Implementation Plan to enact the recommendations of the final ‘Way Forward’ report and the agreements reached during the dialogue process.
Scholarships in Ministry with the Ageing
Established in 2012, the scholarship scheme is for anyone ministering to and with the ageing. The Committee for Ministry with the Ageing invites you to apply. Have a read of the Scholarships FAQs for more details.