Grow Ministries is a large department with our own website. Come on over to discover how we can support you as you nurture faith across all the generations in your congregation or community.
Child, Youth & Family Ministry (Grow Ministries)
Grow Ministries is the national child, youth and family ministry (CYFM) department of the Lutheran Church of Australia (LCA). The Grow Ministries team is passionate about providing innovative and creative resources, workshops and leadership training. Our focus is to equip and encourage congregations with effective practices for intergenerational faith formation.
How we serve
Grow Ministries is a one-stop shop for equipping, supporting and resourcing local congregations as they nurture the faith of children, young people and adults.
Grow Coaching is a two-year journey that consists of six cluster training events and intensive congregational follow-up. It is through these events that our coaching congregations learn about the Grow Ministries’ ‘Ten Guiding Principles’ and how they relate to intergenerational ministry through relationships, lifelong faith formation and participation in mission. Through Grow Coaching we aim to support and equip these communities to use new, innovative and collaborative mission-orientated approaches in their changed and changing mission fields.
Grow Ministries continues to develop new and up-to-date resources that help congregations develop a passionate faith in individuals, families and communities shaped by a growing understanding of God’s word, nurtured and sustained in prayer and worship.
Our resources include:
- GIFT (Generations in Faith Together) – an intergenerational ministry resource
- Mentoring toolkit
- Growing Faith at Home – resources to help families share their faith
- Growing Faith Moments – resources for marking faith and life moments at home or in small groups
- Faith Trail Ministry – congregational resources for celebrating faith and life milestones
- Talking Points – Bible study resources for youth and young adults
- Confirmation resources – best practice, discipleship resources and digital engagement
See more: www.growministries.org.au/grow-resources
The Grow Leadership program provides opportunities for leadership development and mentoring for youth and young adults of the LCA. The aim is to encourage future leadership in congregations, LCA agencies, local church and church-wide committees and boards. Activities of Grow Leadership include an 11-month leadership program and a national youth forum.
Grow Training and Communication
Grow Ministries provide a variety of communication and training options
for districts, congregations, pastors, lay workers, ministry practitioners, parents and schools to access. These include:
- On Your Hearts – regular eNews
- Grow Together – quarterly family publication
- Digital communications including: Grow Ministries website, Facebook, Pinterest and an online journal
- Regional training – Re-thinking CYFM in the 21st century
- District training – partnering with district-run events to lead workshops
Grow Ministries is also keen to offer support to individual congregations
in the area of child, youth and family ministry by phone, email
or in person.