If you would like to support the work of the Care Ministries, you might consider a donation. You can donate online by clicking on the donation button.
Care Ministries is delighted to be providing a range of webinars on topics that are important to the Lutheran Church of Australia and New Zealand. These one-hour offerings are approved for Continuing Education for Church Workers professional development hours.
Branding & Marketing
Lutheran Aged Care & Community Services present a webinar on the value of the Lutheran 'brand' and its reputation.
Speaker – Tricia Davis (Executive Lead, Customer, Marketing and Product, Lutheran Services)
Dementia and the Church
Ann Pietsch and Colleen Fitzpatrick discuss how to become a dementia-friendly church.
Identity and Ethos: how God's love influences our care with Rev Ian Lutze and Colleen Fitzpatrick.
Aged Care and Community Services Gathering 2019
Reports and Speaker Presentations
- Ministry Stream Report – Tania Nelson
- Ministry of Care Session LCAQD – Bishop Paul Smith
- God’s love – Our Care Rev Ian Lutze
- Lutheran Aged Care and Community Services Gathering
- Chaplaincy Today – Angela Uhrhane
- Human Ageing and Theology Spirituality Research – Prof Wendy Mayer
- Lutheran Aged Care Chaplains – Laurence McNamara
Chaplains, pastoral carers and anyone who provides a caring ministry in a Lutheran aged care or community service organisation or a Lutheran congregation are eligible to apply for a grant for professional development or resourcing support.
Chaplain Accreditation: Care Ministries desires to assist chaplains in Lutheran Aged Care and Community Services to deepen their faith and to grow in their understanding of the ministry of care, and what it means to be part of a Lutheran caring community. In collaboration with the College of Bishops, Australian Lutheran College and LCA Church Worker Support, Care Ministries have suggested a pathway and developed an accreditation process for lay chaplains.
Preparing for my Funeral is a two-part resource that provides ideas for preparing for your funeral and comes with a planning sheet to complete with all those important things you want others to know. You can download it here or if you would like us to post you a copy we kindly ask you consider a donation as it costs approximately $5 per copy to produce and post to you.
The Christian Care Sunday resources aim to equip and support the celebration of care ministries all over the LCANZ, which are undertaken by individuals, congregations, schools, aged-care and community services. Every day, love comes to life through these ministries of care.
- Voluntary Assisted Dying and Lutheran Aged Care paper
- End of Life issues paper
- Worship and the Ageing – a list of ideas
- Serving after the service: toward a Lutheran understanding of Christian social service by Dr Dean Zweck
- Dementia resources, produced in conjunction with Lutheran Media
- Respecting our Elders – devotional litany resource
- Ministry with Seniors – a valuable resource for anyone caring for seniors
- LCA submission – the Committee for Care Ministries (incorporating the Ageing), formerly Committee for Ministry with the Ageing, on behalf of the LCA, responded to the Australian Government’s Elder Abuse discussion paper
- Chaplain's position description template for Aged Care Community Services
- Lutheran Tract Mission
Are you thinking about working for a Lutheran aged care or community service? Like to know more about Lutherans and our services? You'll learn more about us on our Welcome page, where you can watch an introductory video and read some FAQs.