Find a Lutheran school
Visit the LEA Schools Directory to find a Lutheran school in Australia.
If you are interested in working in a Lutheran school, check out job vacancies in Lutheran schools.
Lutheran Education Australia
Lutheran Education Australia (LEA) represents the Lutheran schools and early childhood centres of the Lutheran Church of Australia (LCA). Lutheran schools are located throughout Australia – in every state and territory apart from the ACT. In addition, Lutheran early childhood centres provide education and care for preschoolers.
LEA is committed to the mission and ministry of the LCA through supporting quality, Christ-centred education and care in each of our 80 primary and secondary schools and 57 early childhood services. In 2018, more than 40,000 students were enrolled in our early childhood centres and schools, supported by more than 4000 staff members.
LEA, in conjunction with the three school regions (LEQ, LESNW, LEVNT), is responsible for the leadership, theological formation and accountability of Lutheran education across Australia and for the future of the schools and early childhood services of the LCA.
How we serve
Strengthening Lutheran identity
As leaders and teachers play a vital role in the ministry of the school, the LCA ‘commits itself to the promotion and support of its schools by providing means and opportunity for the professional theological pre-service and in-service education of teachers’ (LCA & Its Schools).
LEA meets this commitment through staff formation and professional development resources:
- ‘Pathways’ provides an opportunity for all staff in Lutheran schools to explore Lutheran theology as they contribute towards the mission of the school and live out their vocation in their specific appointment.
- ‘Equip’ provides in-depth understanding of the teaching of Christian Studies in our schools.
- The Leadership Development Program, now in its seventh cycle, is a two-year postgraduate program for prospective Lutheran principals.
Enhancing and celebrating thriving learning communities
With its positive values, LEA seeks to prepare students for lives of learning, achievement and faith. We want our students to confidently serve others.
Central to their mission, Lutheran schools seek to nurture individuals
- who are aware of their humanity
- open to the influence of the Holy Spirit
- grow and live according to a cohesive worldview while living in community and reflecting characteristics of God through core values, especially:
(A vision for learners and learning in Lutheran schools)
Ensuring long-term system sustainability
LEA is committed to safeguarding the long-term sustainability of the Lutheran education system. It aims to:
- ensure a long future so that Lutheran education flourishes and thrives for another 180 years
- build best-practice governance and risk mitigation and management to strengthen the national system
- build a social and ecological vision where social, economic and environmental sustainability are foundations for taking action to serve our people and our planet.