- Aged Care Resources
- Australian Church Resources
- Doctrinal Statements & Theological Opinions
- Finance & Administration
- LCA Foundational Documents
- LCA Logo
- Lay Ministry
- Information & Communication Technology
- Child, Youth & Families
- Adoption of Title 'Bishop'
- LCA Stationery
- LCA Song
- LCA Notice Board
- LCA Transfer Fund
- Study Guides
- Copyright Guidelines
- Royal Commission: Child Sexual Abuse
- Social and Bioethical Questions
LCA Transfer Fund
Pastors, so you have accepted a call …
This is how the LCA assists you and your family move to your new home.
Procedures for transfer of pastors
- Monies from the LCA Transfer and Support Fund ('the Fund') will be used to cover transfer costs (as
defined below) for
(a) a newly-ordained pastor of the Church who is entering his first charge in the Church
(b) a pastor of the Church who is transferring from one charge in the Church to another
(c) a pastor who moves from a school/college to a parish, or
(d) a pastor who, not having been a member of the Church has been received into the ministry of the Church and is entering his first charge in the Church.
- Monies from the Fund will not be used to cover transfer costs for
(a) a pastor who moves from a parish to schools/colleges as these are the responsibility of schools/colleges; and
(b) a pastor who moves to and from a seconded position outside of the Church.
- The Fund will cover the cost of
(a) travel costs for the pastor and his family and the cost of relocating household goods and personal effects necessary for living
(b) the transfer of a widow and family of a pastor who dies while in active service of the Church, their household goods and personal effects necessary for living.
- The LCA Provident Fund will cover the costs of pastors moving to their final family home on retirement, using the same definitions and formulas.
The following provisions shall apply to all pastor transfers, unless otherwise provided for in these rules or otherwise determined in particular cases by the General Church Council.
1. The pastor shall obtain a quote for the cost of removal from the preferred supplier as advised by the Church. The determination of the quote to be accepted shall be made by the Office of the Bishop.
If the pastor has a requirement to use another supplier, then quotes from three companies must be obtained and forwarded to the LCA Business Office for approval and selection.
2. The travelling expenses of a pastor and family shall be borne by the Fund in the following manner:
(a) If not travelling by private car, economy fares shall be paid.
(b) If travelling by car, payment at the current rate per kilometre laid down in the Schedule of Salaries, the distance being reckoned by the shortest practicable route.
(c) Reasonable additional expenses incurred for living costs and accommodation during a long-distance transfer shall be paid at the discretion of the Office of the Bishop, upon submission of a statement of expenses.
Please claim these expenses using the LCA Expense Claim Form and forwarding to the LCA Business Office either by mail to 197 Archer St, North Adelaide SA 5006, or email to email@example.com Please ensure any GST Tax invoices or receipts are attached. Please note that all reimbursements will be paid by electronic bank transfer, so please ensure your bank account is included.
3. The costs of travelling and removal shall be payable for transfer from the place of residence of the vacated charge to the place of residence of the next charge.
4. There shall be a cap on the value of household goods covered by transit insurance through this Fund, with the amount set by the Commission on Salaries every three years and changed annually in line with the generic CPI figure in the interim years.
5. At the discretion of the Office of the Bishop, travel costs to be paid for the relocation of a second car when a pastor relocates to a new position within the Church. This does not apply to newly ordained or new to the ministry pastors.
6. When a pastor transferring to or from New Zealand does not transport a motor vehicle as part of his personal belongings, the Fund shall compensate the pastor with a lump-sum payment, the amount of which is to be set from time to time by the Commission on Salaries. Please contact the LCA Business Office for details of this allowance.