The Lutheran Church of Australia’s (LCA) vision is that information and communication technology (ICT) will be used to enable:
- rapid, reliable and effective sharing of information that is up-to-date and accurate, and ready access to a wide range of resources by the people, pastors, leaders, administrators, schools, Australian Lutheran College, care providers and other institutions and agencies of the Lutheran Church of Australia. All this is to aid and support the mission and ministry of the LCA;
- outreach to the growing number of people in the community with access to the World-Wide Web and electronic mail;
- Australian Lutheran College to deliver course work, study units, in-service and professional development using relevant, up-to-date methodologies for adult learning and to make available, through Löhe Memorial Library, electronic access to a range of theological resources; and
- improved efficiency and more effective communication and sharing of information within and between the LCA National Office, LCA District offices and Australian Lutheran College.
Our Policies, Standards & Protocols and Guidelines
The General Church Council of the LCA has established a policy for the use of information and communication technology throughout the whole of the LCA, including its districts, congregations and agencies.
Software, Hardware and Services
The LCA has made arrangements with business partners to supply products and services to LCA congregations, and agencies at reduced prices.
Read the Guidelines for Congregational Websites for information and tips on establishing a congregational website.
- what the LCA can provide; contact LCA Communications Coordinator email@example.com
- what sort of information should be included
- hosting and the address
- links and logos
- copyright and privacy
- writing styles
- what other churches have done.