Grow Ministries - exists to support a national vision for child, youth and family ministry in the Lutheran Church of Australia (LCA). It is a point of reference and resource for the wider church by researching and developing child, youth and family ministry resources, along with equipping and encouraging districts and congregations in their ministry to children, young people and their families.
Our vision is for the Lutheran Church of Australia to have a shared understanding of the guiding principles of effective child, youth and family ministry and their undergirding practices, systems and strategies and be inspired to grow as God’s people.
Grow Ministries Ten Guiding Principles of Effective Child, Youth and Family Ministry
- Children, young people and their families are nurtured for life in Jesus Christ through vital engagement with Gods Word and the rituals, traditions and practices of Christian faith.
- Faith is integrated into family identity and practice.
- Children and young people have multiple adult mentors of vital faith.
- Integrated pathways of faith formation tend the faith journeys of children, young people and their families through the various ages and phases of life.
- Children and young people are encouraged by spiritual relationships with Christian friends through quality age specific ministry. (Camping and peer relationships.)
- During times of personal crisis, children, young people and their families are supported within an engaging Christian community.
- Children and young people are engaged in meaningful intergenerational church experiences in which they are valued.
- Children and young people are given opportunities to discover and express their gifts and talents including being involved in leadership.
- Children and young people are encourage to participate in acts of service in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Ministry practices and approaches have a strong missional focus and dimension, reaching out in Christ’s name to children, young people and families in the wider community.
For more information click here: http://www.growministries.org.au/who-we-are/guiding-principles
Our Strategic Priorities
GROW COACHING: Grow Coaching is an interactive process that helps individuals, ministry teams and congregations to practise vibrant faith in a changing world. Through Grow Coaching, Grow Ministries works intentionally with your congregation as you renew your child, youth and family ministry for the 21st century. Grow Coaching promotes and advocate for the Grow Ministries Ten Guiding Principles of Effective Child, Youth and Family Ministry. http://www.growministries.org.au/grow-training/coaching
GROW RESOURCES: Grow Ministries identify, evaluates and develops suitable child, youth and family ministry resources for the LCA context and can help you find a resource that suits you and your particular congregation. http://www.growministries.org.au/grow-resources
GROW LEADERSHIP: This initiative will provide continuing and sustainable leadership development for young adults of the Lutheran Church of Australia that includes a regular National Youth Forum and Christian formational leadership training. http://www.growministries.org.au/who-we-are/grow-leadership
GROW TRAINING AND COMMUNICATION: Grow Ministries is here to encourage, support and promote an awareness of the Guiding Principles and practices of effective child, youth and family ministry in the homes, congregations and schools of the Lutheran Church of Australia. http://www.growministries.org.au/grow_news/
Grow Ministries Staff Team
Jodi Brook, Director
08 8267 7300
Leah Cronin, Assistant to the Director
08 8267 7300
Vicki Rochow, Resource Coordinator
08 8267 7300
Rachel Schilling, Resource Curator and Congregation Mentor
08 8267 7300
Board for Child, Youth and Family Ministry http://www.growministries.org.au/who-we-are/board