Story of the Week
PowerPoint promo slide
Video clip (most weeks)
Subscribe to LCA Notice Board – every week, in your inbox. It's free, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Calls – Employment – Volunteering
This information was current as of 26 June 2017. This list will next be updated on 12 July 2017. For the latest call information, go to LAMP. Simply login and select 'Pastor Calling Information' from the left-hand menu, then select 'Status of Pastor Calls'. If you have trouble logging in, please contact LCA administration.
- Lionel Rohrlach Pittsworth Qld to Henty NSW
- Greg Page Holy Cross Murray Bridge SA to Pasadena SA
- Andrew Bettison Mildura Vic to Hope Valley SA
- Fin Klein Unity College Murray Bridge SA to Everton Hills Qld
- Greg Page Holy Cross Murray Bridge SA to Albury Aged Care NSW
- Stephen P Schultz St Michaels Hahndorf SA to St Peters Loxton SA
- Matthew S Anker Goulburn Murray Vic to Angaston SA
- NSW: Central Coast; Gilgandra Dubbo; Henty;
- NZ: Upper Moutere–Hope;
- Qld: Everton Hills; Gladstone; Lowood; Mt Gravatt; Plainland Faith College; Redlands; South Burnett;
SA–NT: Angaston; Blackwood; Ceduna; Concordia College Highgate; Hope Valley; Lameroo; Lobethal; St Peters Loxton; Lyndoch; Nuriootpa; Pasadena; Wudinna;
- Vic–TAS: Box Hill; Moorabbin Dandenong; Nhill; Portland Heywood; Wodonga;
- WA: None
Good News Lutheran Church, Middle Park Qld
Lutheran Super is a profit-for-members superannuation fund established by the Lutheran Church of Australia (LCA) to provide strongly performing superannuation benefits with competitive fees for its members. The Lutheran Super Board works closely with the CEO to set the strategic direction and enhance the fund’s performance across a range of investment options.
Our mission is to be a fund of excellence which enables members to plan for their financial goals and needs. The Board is seeking to appoint Directors with backgrounds in the following:
- Finance and Actuarial: A CPA or CAANZ with relevant current experience. Previous Board experience preferred.
- Investment: to assist with funds and wealth management strategies.
- Corporate strategy: Business acumen to review returns for fund.
- Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC): Experience in governance, risk and regulatory compliance; and/or
- Legal: Experience in overseeing legal obligations and regulatory requirements.
Funds under management: $520m
Voluntary plus remuneration model
Community segment: Employees with the Lutheran employer network including education, aged care and clergy
Term: Initially 4 years, with potential for re-appointment
Gender diversity target: 50:50
Members: In excess of 7000
Further information about this appointment can be obtained by requesting a Position Description and Desired Competency Framework. Please contact Darren Royals, CEO of Lutheran Super, for any questions or queries on 1800 635 796.
Applications close 7 July 2017.
LCA International Mission is always seeking volunteers for work with our overseas partner churches. There are all sorts of opportunities for people with all sorts of skills. Take a look at the LCA International Mission website for videos and stories about short-term and long-term volunteering opportunities in Southeast Asia.
Are you a professional or serious amateur photographer? Do you want to use your photography gifts and skills to serve God and his church? LCA Communications is developing a talent bank of photographers to cover events, and to create a stock library of excellent photos for all of us to use copyright-free.
Interested? Email or FTP to Linda Macqueen, LCA Communications (email@example.com) no more than six original photos that demonstrate your ability and photographic interests. Ideally, you'll send some photos that could form part of our stock library, eg people at worship or prayer, church gatherings or functions, sacraments, people portraits. Low resolution is okay, even desirable, provided you understand that we will ultimately need high-resolution images for our print applications. We do ask you not to photograph children without their parent's or guardian's permission. Please also provide your contact details.
If selected to join our volunteer photographic team, you'll need to sign a release form that gives us permission to use your images; you can retain the copyright though. I'm looking forward to seeing the excellent images coming my way!
Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWF/DWS) seeks expressions of interest from suitably qualified people to be on the DWS Emergency Roster. The roster comprises 24 experienced people located in different regions of the world who are easily available to be called on by DWS in humanitarian crises. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or to send your expression of interest, please contact Roland.Schlott@lutheranworld.org