Congregational Leadership Training
About Congregational Leadership Training
Grassroots Training (a ministry of Australian Lutheran College) runs Congregational Leadership Training (CLT) on behalf of the Lutheran Church of Australia (LCA). The program addresses two key objectives within the LCA Strategic Direction 2013–2018 approved by General Synod in 2013:
- improve capability and performance of congregational leaders
- ensure effective governance at the congregational level.
In approving the LCA Strategic Direction, Synod delegates recognised that without the functions of governance and leadership, our call to 'Grow as God’s people' and 'Go as God’s people' will be harder to fulfil. Leaders like you enable your congregation members, pastor and other mission and ministry leaders and workers to do what they are called to do.
That’s why it’s important that you are trained and equipped as you perform your important supporting roles.
What CLT offers you
CLT starts with ‘Foundations’, an introductory unit for all your office-holders and leaders. There are also specific units for chairpersons, treasurers and secretaries. And because CLT is delivered online, you can start anytime or anywhere that suits your leadership teams.
All CLT units are available to all members of the LCA.
The training package includes the following units:
- Foundations – introductory unit for all key office-holders and leaders in congregations
- Chairperson – specific training for chairpersons
- Secretary – specific training for secretaries
- Treasurer – specific training for treasurers
- Refresher – to enable congregational leaders to reconnect with their initial training for ongoing learning