Weekly worship planning
If you are responsible for planning or leading worship, this page has everything you need: seasonal liturgical responses, Bible readings and sermons.
The Department of Visual Arts of the Commission of Worship aims to promote a deeper understanding of the relationship between the visual arts and worship. It also aims to encourage the use of visual arts in worship through initiating activities throughout the church and by acting as a resource and contact point for questions relating to this area.
The goals of the department are:
- to identify the existing specific needs for visual art in congregations and identify the talents of people which could be used to fill those needs
- to encourage congregations to consider the wider use of visual arts in worship and to identify local talents, or if these are not available, provide assistance in referring suitable people
- to assist in the formation of special-interest groups of artists and craftspeople where such groups are viable and meet a specific need
- to organise forums for discussion of topics related to art and worship
- to communicate and demonstrate new possibilities for the use of art in worship.